As a key People and Culture leader at Stitch Fix, the DIRECTOR, COMPENSATION leads a highly innovative, growth oriented, and data-driven compensation function deeply committed to bias-busting programs and practices, analytical rigor, and programmatic excellence. You’ll develop and lead strategies, approaches and programs to advance a well established compensation philosophy visioned by Stitch Fix Founder Katrina Lake with full engagement and support from the senior leadership team. With strong foundational data, methodologies and processes in place, you will have the opportunity to focus on designing next generation pay for performance programs. You will lead, coach and grow a high-performing team to deliver on strategic priorities, operational excellence and rigorous analytics. You’ll engage directly with senior leadership including the CEO, C-Suite, and Board of Directors. This role will work closely with, and report to the VP, Total Rewards.
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Drive the vision and long-term compensation roadmap, with an emphasis on our annual strategic priorities
- Lead a team of compensation managers and associates to continue evolving our compensation practices with an emphasis on company-wide pay equity
- Partner with cross-functional partners to drive consistency in compensation program administration, performance review cycles,, job profile mapping, and market analysis
- Implement compensation program automation where possible
- Design and oversee the administration of programs for a highly diverse job population including technology, corporate, and high-volume roles
- Partner closely with other key leaders within People and Culture (eg. Business Partners, Legal and Finance Teams) and across the company, to build advocacy for and understanding of compensation philosophies and programs
- Leverage your people leadership skills to inspire, lead, coach and grow a high-performing team
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- You have 15+ years of experience including experience in leading and influencing key Senior stakeholders
- You bring expertise across compensation focus areas including market analytics, job architecture and role mapping, program design, and public company equity
- You’re data driven in all that you do; you’re invested in analytical rigor and methodological precision
- You’re passionate about partnering; you’re both highly collaborative and skilled at influencing senior leaders
- You’re a strong communicator and adept at conveying technical compensation concepts in accessible ways that resonate across functions and levels
- You are a strong people manager, and you can lead through change to support growth and develop a high performing team
- You’re innovative and have a growth mindset – you think about how to work smarter when taking on the next challenge
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to apply your leadership skills and support your growth
- Above all else, you are Bright, Kind and Motivated by Challenge!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.