CureSearch for Children's Cancer is a non-profit organization conducting a search for the right person to join our highly passionate, talented and dedicated team. We offer you the chance to put your experience and energy to work for an agile, forward-thinking organization in pursuit of ending childhood cancer. The role comes with responsibility and high demands, but offers the significant reward of feeling good about the work you do and working along side others that share your drive. We, as a team, fight to end children's cancer.
You have a deep knowledge of HR and a passion for the work. You anticipate the needs of the staff.
You're supportive. Staff count on you to know what is important to their wellbeing and to respond to their requests in a timely manner. You can provide clear, consistent feedback on how members of the team can strengthen their contributions to CureSearch.
You want to do your best to ensure a good work-life balance and enable working smart - not just hard - at the tactical level.
You want to be a part of bringing better cures to kids with cancer.
The strategic role of HR is to serve as partner and advisor to the organization, consulting on critical business issues and organizational readiness for growth as well as managing organizational change. The goal of Human Resources is to ensure the human capital and operations strategy is aligned with the organization's mission and reflected in the outcome of decisions applied in the respective areas of discipline.
This is a non-supervisory, part-time, remote role.
$33-$38 per hour, 20-25 hrs/week.
Please submit a COVER LETTER with your resume.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- HR Programs and Processes - develop and implement new or revised human resources programs, systems, procedures, and methods of operation to support the efficient operation of the Human Resources department with an emphasis on ease of use by virtual employees.
- Employment and Labor Compliance - assure compliance with federal, state, and local employment and labor requirements for multi-state organization.
- Employee Engagement – plan and manage policies, practices and activities designed to increase employee engagement and retention within a virtual environment.
- Human Capital Management – oversee performance management procedures and system. Train and coach staff in its effective use. Investigate and act upon reports of misconduct. Continually look for ways to improve performance across the organization.
- Talent Acquisition - Recruit candidates to fill open positions within the organization including senior level positions. Propose compensation packages, prepare new hire offer letters, identify new hire IT needs and coordinate fulfillment.
- Training & Development – collaborate with senior leadership in leadership development and succession planning. Oversee employee orientation and on-boarding; coordinate or provide legally required training such as sexual harassment; promote employee professional development.
- Compensation – develop, analyze, and continually audit compensation for all positions in the organization to ensure competitive salaries within industry and marketplace and parity within the organization.
- Benefits – analyze and administer employee benefits. Manage annual renewals through third party broker. 401K Plan – act as administrator for the plan. Work with third parties to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Educate staff and encourage participation in plan/saving for retirement.
- Employee Policy – develop, implement, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Contracts - Develop and audit all employment related contracts including offer letters, contractor/consultant agreements, and annual non-disclosure, confidentiality, and conflict of interest agreements.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a wide variety of HR functions.
- Deep understanding of HR principles, laws and practices.
- DE&I experience a plus.
- Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Able to fully understand job requirements, identify competencies desired and select the best fit for open positions; ability to put candidates at ease.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills for internal and external communication.
- Strong work ethic, confidentiality, evidence of good judgment, and integrity.
- Great ability to forge relationships across the organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to focus on continuous improvement and future needs of the organization.
- Ability to manage and lead others through change and challenging situations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR/SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, stoop or kneel. Some of the work of this position may be performed outdoors in varying climate and conditions. The above statements describe the level of work performed expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and that the content herein is subject to change, with or without due notice.