All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
We are a People team with an exciting mission: to serve the world's very best talent in building Chainlink, a decentralized oracle network. Due to the project's phenomenal success, we are going through a period of rapid growth and are quickly scaling up.
As our first Global Payroll Manager, you will own the blueprinting, strategy, and buildout of our payroll function. You will own multi-country payrolls and write the playbook, enabling us to swiftly hire and compensate new joiners as we enter new locations.
You will be a key player in our global expansion, building a team to support you as the company grows and using your payroll expertise to design and implement an exceptional global payroll function that integrates seamlessly into our operational systems.
If you’re a systems-minded builder who is excited about evolving our payroll function from disparate vendors into a cohesive and integrated global program, and can roll up your sleeves to move mountains - we’re excited to hear from you!
- Review our global payroll setup and processes, and suggest best-in-class changes to align, integrate, and harmonize our existing infrastructure and vendors.
- Own day-to-day global payroll operations, coordinating with vendors and the internal team to deliver pay accurately, in a timely manner, effectively, and within all regulatory, labor, and tax guidelines to employees and contractors throughout the US. and internationally
- Build a world class Global Payroll team of A-Players to support you in hyperscaling your payroll operations.
- Implement, maintain, and review high quality payroll processing systems that provide world class data integrity to the business.
- Partner with various groups within the business (e.g. People, IT and Accounting) to provide strategic direction on business needs and issues related to payroll.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure payroll is tightly integrated into business systems, suggesting appropriate systems upgrades as we scale.
- Create a playbook for entry into new countries to enable us to add new countries frequently at scale - including vendor selection, PEO/branch usage, payroll delivery, and benefits brokers.
- Develop cutting edge methodologies for handling crypto payroll reporting.
- Experience building a global payroll function in a high growth (preferably startup) environment
- Natural curiosity - we’re working at the cutting edge of tech, branching into many new locations, and leading the wave in decentralized finance. You won’t know it all already, but a passion for learning quickly is key.
- Passionate, self-starter with a can-do attitude. You're eager to jump in and get things done, and will stay calm and collected in a fast-paced and fast changing environment
- Exposure to US labor law, tax, and compliance at the federal and state levels
- The US is our biggest location so it’s critical that you’re comfortable in that geography. If you’re newer to global payroll geographies outside the US and are open to learning fast to get up to speed, that can work too.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- A leader who can flex from tactical to strategic as needed to get the job done.