Turbot is looking for a proactive, energetic and capable HR leader to grow our people function as our first full time People Operations hire. You will be responsible for scaling Turbot’s team, building a culture that will attract top talent, and support our globally unique employee base across the US, UK, Australia, and India.
A great candidate for this role is motivated to work within a small, high performing organization strategically delivering outcomes that reflect Turbot's cultural values and business needs.
- Learn with the best - Collaborate closely with a small team of world class employees.
- Make a difference - Your success is critical to each colleague and the company's growth.
- Uncap your potential - Your personal growth is our priority, see how far you can go!
Who You Are
- A motivating employee advocate, advisor, and coach that has experience working closely with all levels of the organization to help build and support a highly functioning team.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are comfortable not knowing the answer but are motivated to overcome a challenge.
- You take pride and ownership in what you do. You care deeply about your work, are proactive and people know they can count on you to get the job done.
- You value diversity in others and go out of your way to ensure people feel welcome. You enjoy engaging with your colleagues, have a low-ego, and make the workplace more fun for everyone.
- Practical and naturally inclined to 'roll up your sleeves' to get the work done.
- Able to think systematically and drive efficiency through implementing and improving processes.
- Enthusiastic and proactive, with a proven ability to solve problems.
- A high agency individual, who is enthusiastic and proactive.
The role represents an exciting and broad opportunity to make a difference across our entire organization. The role spans a wide variety of tasks each week and month, which are likely to include;
- Scaling Turbot: You will grow the team by developing a candidate pipeline to meet business goals, sourcing incredible talent, and managing the candidate and interview experience.
- Grow Turbot’s employer brand: You will help build Turbot’s brand in relevant communities to help promote Turbot as an attractive employment opportunity.
- HR policy & operations: You will manage Turbot’s overall hiring and onboarding processes including employment contracts, termination process and handbook policies compliant with regulations across our global presence.
- Employee relations: You will be a key point of contact for employment inquiries and escalations, and also act as a coach and mentor to support our teams to thrive.
- Total rewards, compensation & HR budget: You will own and manage all employment compensation, benefits and internal people operation expenses.
- Performance & employee pulse: You will lead performance and employment reviews, working with the management team to action the results.
- Team engagement: As a remote company, employee engagement is critical for us to connect on a recurring basis. You will lead company events from virtual to in-person company meetings.
- Grow People Ops team: As a key dedicated hire in the People / HR function, you will lead the future growth of the function.
- 4+ years of building and leading People teams, preferably in fast-paced, rapidly growing environments
- 2+ years experience sourcing highly competitive technical talent (ideally in the technology industry).
- Helpful, service minded, and precise in your administration
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, changing and developing environment with changing structures and procedures
- Excellent communications in a global team with all stakeholders, and a video-conferencing natural.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a good fit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it will help us to sort through the emails).
- As a part of your application, please include an answer to the below question; "What would you consider to be the best method for capturing employee satisfaction, and how to improve it over time?"
- Send along any links that best showcase you, and why you are a fit for this role (eg LinkedIn, Twitter, personal website).