Hello Hello! So you’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here.
When you Join Alight, you’ll find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
An organization that refuses to settle for anything less than delivering human-worthy services.
If you are looking to be part of a living, breathing, ever-changing organization full of disrupters and doers, then read on!
We are proud to work on borderless teams. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and specifically encourage members of refugee, immigrant, or other displaced communities to join us.
About the Department: Office of People (OOP)
We are the Office of People and our mission is to support all of the people who work to deliver the Alight experience—our staff, volunteers, incentive workers, candidates – every person within Alight. We help people navigate the complexity of our space and offer them ways to orient, connect, and flourish with tools and structures that are clear, accessible, and consistent. We hold Alight culture sacred and use our values as a North Star to guide our work and behaviors, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all. We honor these commitments with a promise of confidentiality and follow through to each person we serve.
About The Role
The HR Associate, Global Contracts and Compliance is responsible for ensuring Alight follows all International and Domestic compliance laws and regulations and that employees are well educated about any compliance issues the company may be facing. You will be the go-to person providing guidance to our employees across the globe on all compliance matters within Alight.
You will know you are doing well if…
- You are monitoring new, amended, and existing International and U.S. employment laws to determine impact to current policies and deploying plans to ensure ongoing compliance.
- You are providing advice, consultation, and guidance on company policies, contracts, and procedures related to People & HR regulatory matters, both Domestic and International.
- You apply knowledge of employment and labor laws, government regulations, contracts, and agency rules in order to manage domestic and International compliance related programs.
As the HR Associate, Global Contracts & Compliance, your priorities will include:
Domestic & International Compliance - 50% of time
- Oversee Office of People compliance initiatives, programs and/or Policies for domestic and international locations across all departments within Alight and its affiliates
- Partner with internal teams to create and implement new and revised processes and system enhancements to ensure compliance with international, federal, state, county and city employment laws and regulations and/or HR policies
- Ensure HR policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, communicated, and consistently updated
- Be the expert for US HR compliance and a knowledgeable guide for Global HR compliance
- Establish relationships with Global and Country HR Leads, and their respective local labor attorneys to ensure compliance with National Staff handbooks and policies
- Provide guidance on policy interpretation that aligns to local, state, federal and international laws, and statutes and/or company policies and practices
- Provide coaching, guidance, and expertise to OOP and Alight leadership on HR compliance
- Stay up to date and identify new, existing, and revised international, federal, state, and local employment and labor laws, regulations, and enforcement activity
Audits and Reporting - 20% of time
- Collaborate with HRIS to compile all compliance and mandate reporting requirements including those related to EEO, ACA, ADA, AA and ERISA
- Partner with Sr HR Manager to complete 5500 reporting and disclosure, Non-Discrimination testing, and Workers Compensation audit
- Lead all internal audits related to I-9 and other HR compliance related audits
- Support and guide International Programs through respective Global HR Portfolio Leads in completing OOP aspects of required audits
- Partner with domestic and international OOP team members to ensure related audit requests are completed in a timely matter
Contracts & Rewards Guidelines - 20% of time
- Support in management, reviews and updates of Alight’s Domestic and International staff handbooks and associated documentation
- Complete bi-annual Bridger and background checks as needed
- Collaborate with finance team to ensure International, Federal and state compliance with terminations, rewards and payroll
- Ensure that the International, Federal and State labor law posters are updated as necessary and as required
- Ensure all employee personnel records are maintained as per requirements, collaborating with Global HR Partners appropriately
- Partner with Seeking and Talent team to ensure contracts and recruitment documents are compliant with international, federal, and state laws
- Provide back up for other Office of the People Associates, as needed
Other - 10% of time
- Provide back up for other OOP team members, as needed
- Develop and facilitate delivery of training pertaining to People, HR compliance and contracting, engaging legal and learning partners as needed
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or Alight leadership
Open heart and open mind. You start by listening. You believe another person’s truth and it changes you. It unlocks your way of thinking in that moment, it opens your world.
Curiosity. You are always learning. You ask why and why again. You know that change (big and small) is constant, which means your curiosity to learn is matched with adaptability to evolve.
Trust. You believe that people do their best, are disciplined, and care about this as much as you do. You take responsibility for your part and know how to step back and give others the space to shine.
We’re also looking for potential candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferable in HR Management, Business Administration, Business Law or related field
- You have 4+ years of advanced experience working in the Global HR/People field with specific expertise in Global (International and US/Domestic) HR compliance and contracts
- You also have 8+ years’ experience in an HR Generalist or Business Partner role
- You have substantial knowledge of US/Domestic and International employment and labor laws
- You have hands on experience in HR audits and reporting with strong analytical skills
- Experienced and comfortable researching, and writing or editing company employment policies and/or communications
- You have top-notch project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage HR projects
- You are competent in Global Level, Multi-Country, Diverse HR related communication
Qualities top candidates will possess:
- You are highly skilled in organization and time management
- You have strong business acumen and analytical skills
- You have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- You have a high degree of professionalism and proven ability to deal sensitively with confidential materials
- You are able to prioritize your workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- You’re proactive. You can’t help but think five steps ahead. If you don’t have the answer, you take initiative to figure it out. You see areas for improvement and dive in to make things better.
- You thrive in a fast paced, complex, high pressure, and dynamic environment
- You partner with and adapt well to colleagues that represent different learning and processing styles (i.e., visual learners, verbal processors, etc)
These are the things we’re aiming to find. However, we’re open to being surprised. If you embody the spirit of Alight, care deeply about the cause, and if you bring something else that’s special, then please reach out.
Borderless Team of 2,500 staff worldwide that sees possibility, celebrates moments of abundance, shares new ideas, and strives to do a better thing every day.
Family Friendly – We know that you are a whole person with a life and a family. We honor this. In return, we expect that you will take ownership of your work and follow-through on your commitments; sometimes that means flexing your schedule and we’re good with that.
Learning & Development – Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
Health, Dental, and MedEvac Insurance – We strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. We cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
Retirement – We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
Generous Leave Time – Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org