Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented and enthusiastic part-time Human Resources Manager to join our team and help us make HER day.
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of 60 based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous & encouraging. We all work together to create the best possible shopping experience and products for her. Oh, and did we mention we’re on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held companies for two years in a row plus winner of Shopify’s Build a BIGGER Business Competition!
What We Believe:
- She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make. We are her.
- Work/Life Balance is an imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
- Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How We Act:
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
- We have a Bias for Action: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
- We Hold Ourselves Accountable: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
- We Lead, Not Follow: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
- We Communicate Genuinely and Transparently: With each other and with her. We are present.
- We are Always Learning: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
- We are in Relentless Pursuit of Customer Service Excellence: We out-care the competition and provide the greatest experience she has ever had with a brand.
If you’ve made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
Opportunity (the job): The perfect candidate for this job is a self-starter that LOVES all people related aspects of building a rapidly scaling company. While strategy will be a large part of this role, so will execution. We’re looking for a seasoned and natural leader who is a great team player, a quick learner, passionate about our vivid vision, and has experience growing and developing a distributed team at a fast growing company.
Schedule: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week. We are open to helping you create a schedule that works for you. We can accommodate school drops off / pick ups etc.
Skills We’re Looking For:
We are looking for someone who…
- Is a talented leader of people and has a proven track record of coaching, training and developing extraordinary teams
- Is passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Follows processes but also loves creating new ones
- Practices continuous improvement
- Develops new strategies to achieve strategic and tactical short and long term growth objectives
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions
- Is intellectually curious, loves to learn and grow both personally and professionally
- Has 8+ years of Human Resources experience
- Has IQ/EQ balance that supports data driven decisions and instinctual insights that create deep connections across the business
- Values collaboration and succeeding as a team
- Loves working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Knows all about managing and developing high functioning remote teams
- Has already helped a company scale from 50 to 100+ employees
Who This is Not For:
- Someone who isn’t entrepreneurial or a self-starter and needs a roadmap
- Someone who does not have a track record of prior company growth
- Someone who isn’t curious and able to figure things out on their own
- Someone who finds themselves saying things like “this is not my job, someone else should do it”
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location:
Our team is located all over the world. You can live and work remotely at the location of your choice. This flexibility is a tenant of our culture and our team members hold themselves to high standards to ensure the remote workplace works for the entire team.
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Lead our HR strategy for all areas including recruiting, onboarding, retention, performance management, training and professional development, employee relations, and health and safety
- Build, coach, and train a high performing HR team
- Ensure that recommendations and compliance with HR legislation are put forward and maintained
- Monitor KPI standards for the HR team and hold them accountable for timely weekly reporting
- Negotiate with candidates and vendors on behalf of the company
- Forge a strong cross functional relationship with the management team
- Oversee the existing recruitment process to ensure attraction of diverse and qualified employees, supporting Managers through the cycle
- Ensure consistency of onboarding new employees, assisting Managers in setting objectives for probationary period and beyond by establishing Success Matrices
- Lead the annual performance management process providing appropriate training and support to all levels of employees
- Create a bi-annual talent review process and a succession planning process for identified positions
- Lead the Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Use analytic tools to routinely evaluate employee engagement & satisfaction, benefits and impact. Recommend enhancements/cost saving opportunities as needed
- Manages annual HR Budget in a fiscally responsible manner providing accurate reporting as required
- Make data and evidence based decisions
- Contributes to managerial and operational decision-making in meeting goals and objectives, providing relevant HR practices to support the business
- Stay abreast of best practices and technology solutions that reduce workload, eliminate expense and improve overall process/productivity
Experience: 8+ years of progressive HR experience, Knowledge and Experience in overseeing a rapidly growing remote / distributed workforce, Tech Savvy
Education: Bachelor's degree
Location: USA - Remote
Salary: Commensurate with Experience