Today’s emergency department and inpatient hospital settings create a challenging care environment. Hospitals struggle to meet patient expectations, waiting rooms are crowded, patients leave without being seen, patients are boarding in the emergency department, and clinicians struggle to deliver safe, quality care while documenting appropriately. We’re here to change this.
Vital is a platform for the modern hospital. Our goal is to help emergency and inpatient providers and patients make faster, safer, and smarter health care decisions. We employ consumer design principles and artificial intelligence to deliver an amazing experience to our end users that drives outcomes and improves efficiency.
We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale our product to more patients. We are a distributed team with hubs in Auckland, Atlanta, and New York City. Vital is backed by prominent investors in health care and founded by Aaron Patzer and Dr. Justin Schrager.
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) for the US based team of Vital Software. Their duties include hiring and interviewing staff, administering compensation and benefits, and serving as a resource for US based staff, overseeing performance management and managing and leveraging full capabilities of our HRIS systems (e.g. Rippling, 15Five).
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and manages the onboarding process for new staff based in the US.
- Manages and keeps up to date Vital’s on-boarding resources and process for new hires.
- Oversees and ensures timely completion of performance evaluations of US based staff.
- Develops and updates human resource policies to ensure a compliant and positive work environment and experience for employees.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources to implement, monitor and improve upon culture and professional development initiatives.
- Assists and supports senior and functional area leadership in performance management including assuring that progressive discipline and if needed, termination of employees is in accordance with company policy.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, screening applicants, interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with functional area leaders to understand skills and competencies required for openings and assists in the hiring process.
- Writes and updates role descriptions as needed.
- Provides recommendations to the Director of Human Resources and to the Executive Team that promote and maintain a positive, nurturing work environment.
- Develops and updates HR related policies for the organization and ensures compliance with all state, local and federal regulations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees in conjunction with the Director of Human ResourcesInvestigate employee issues and conflicts and facilitates resolution.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintains company organization chart and employee directory in HRIS System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience is preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- We’re working on problems which have a real impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, patients get better care.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We believe this approach will help us attract and grow a diverse bunch of talented people that are supportive, calm, clear, empathetic, and results-oriented.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
- We're constantly improving our systems and processes, and you'll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Unlimited PTO (Paid time off) so you can recharge when you need, to perform at your best.
- We provide paid leave for new parents.