The Global People Experience team sits within the Talent & Culture department. It serves all staff and encapsulates how and what we encounter and observe during our employment with the Wikimedia Foundation. It includes Human Resources Business Partners, T&C Communication and our Centers of Excellence in Learning and Performance Management.
We are looking for a versatile, hands-on and energetic talent who combines great project management skills, with HR expertise and experience, and working with people in an international setting. If you combine this with an engaging communication style and the capacity to effectively navigate in a value and purpose-driven environment, then we are very interested in talking to you.
This hands-on role has a global scope and will play a key role in shaping WMF performance management practices and its approach to the next level in alignment with our culture and values.
The Lead, Performance Management and Staff Engagement will be accountable for the development, organization, and coordination of the WMF performance management programs to ensure employee understanding of performance measures, job expectations, clarity of goals and objectives and performance results. This role will support initiatives towards the creation of a transformational environment which celebrates all aspects of our employees as people and drives continuous growth and knowledge sharing across the Foundation.
This position reports to the Director, People Experience.
You are responsible for:
- Taking ownership of the Performance Management processes design and management
- Managing ongoing Performance Management programs, including system administration (Betterworks)
- Gathering insights from the organization and its ecosystem to influence Performance Management practice design, development, implementation, and optimization
- Building communication material and design campaigns around Performance Management
- In partnership with HRBPs, acting as a proactive subject matter expert for people managers and other relevant stakeholders
- Effectively leading regular performance reviews and providing HR analytics to relevant stakeholders to guide decision-making related to career advancement (promotion and progression)
- Reviewing existing processes and tools and integrating expertise to enhance engagement and people experience
- Leading the development, execution, and evaluation and management of our global employee surveys and partnering with the HRBPs to provide support to help form key activities that drive employee engagement and performance
- Working with the internal communication team to lead efforts in communicating the results to key stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Developing ways to measure and assess engagement (for example through pulse surveys) and working with relevant stakeholders (HRPBs, managers) to develop plans that address identified gaps
- Coordinating off-boarding activities including exit interviews and analytics built from the interviews
- Pro-actively leading initiatives for introducing/maintaining best practice including benchmarking relevant policies and practices with similar organizations
Skills and Experience:
- 5-6 years of proven experience in a Performance Management role with a focus on delivering impact via OD interventions
- Proven expertise in creating and sustaining impact-focused relationships with a very diverse and multicultural set of internal stakeholders and specifically within T&C
- Significant experience in Performance Management processes design and delivery in multiple methodologies & modalities. Expertise in working with OKRs
- Organizationally savvy, the candidate must have strong articulation & assertive communication styles
- The ability to look at problems as opportunities with the mind-set to bring structural solutions
- Experience using data analytics platforms (Excel, Google Sheets) to inform storytelling and presentations
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- The ability to handle competing priorities calmly under pressure and within restricted timeframes is essential
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in transparent and collaborative ways
- Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect
- Strong understanding of DE&I
- Comfortable with a high volume workload and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Non-profit experience
- Tech industry experience
- Experience in group facilitations, stand up delivery
- Experience with HR Technologies and Platforms (ideally Betterworks, Namely)
- Experience with digital learning tools and LMS