From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Are you passionate about promoting diversity strategies to advance a culture of equity and inclusion? Are you passionate about Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action? Are you interested in cultivating partnerships and a sense of belonging in all aspects of the work environment, within teams, and with PRO & Business leaders?
In this role, you will be a partner on the I&D Compliance & Analytics team providing thought leadership, consultation, training and subject matter expertise to ensure compliance with federal and local Equal Employment Opportunity laws. You will act as a disability subject matter expert executing plans that promote organizational compliance with Federal, state and local equal opportunity/non-discrimination laws and regulations including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) through the application of best practices; and support ongoing compliance through prevention, training and education.
As a manager, EEO compliance, you will…
- Prepare, manage, communicate and educate partners on EEO Compliance commitments and organizational goals, policies and practices.
- Enforce affirmative action provisions related to non-discrimination of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans when making any relevant employment decisions (hiring, firing, pay, benefits, job assignments, promotions, layoffs, training and other employment-related activities).
- Prepare, audit and report on requirements related to federal, state, and local laws to ensure the Company’s EEO programs are aligned with business goals and objectives; managing Self ID campaigns and interpreting results using statistical analysis; and supporting AAP narrative development and executive-level presentations.
- Develop and propose corrective actions as well as establishing protocols for OFCCP and other government agency audit preparation and compliance reviews.
- Partner cross-functionally and with business units as the Compliance subject matter expert to promote diversity, equity, inclusivity and accessibility.
- Design self-audit assessments and framework around selection, hiring, recordkeeping and accessibility practices.
- Keep current on all external regulatory and compliance changes and maintains state and federal documentation.
- Partner with Partner Resource Support Center (PRSC) to support accommodations requests.
- Coordinate internal/external requests for EEO/Disability Equality and other survey information.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Knowledge of human resources processes, risk/compliance management concepts, and/or employment laws including Federal, State, and Local Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) legislation and regulations
- 5+ years of experience in providing reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Bachelor’s degree MS Office proficiency, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Management and experience providing deep subject matter expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical/data/interpreting complex statistical analysis skills
- Experience developing policies, guidelines and procedures, and managing process improvements
- Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships/influencing partners to act without having a direct reporting relationship
- Experience working independently and as part of a multi-functional team, being able to handle high workloads, stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to adjust to ever-changing market needs; able to think on your feet
- Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
- Experience with SAP, Taleo and Org 360 a plus
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently; a sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!