As Manager, Payroll on Calendly’s Operations team, this role will have a tremendous impact on the day to day payroll operations and be a key player helping to set us up for success during a period of rapid growth. They will own the full payroll process, ensuring information is processed accurately and timely, while maintaining consistent documentation for accounting and audit purposes.
Also, this role will evaluate our current processes and recommend improvements for automation. Our ideal candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate across departments and build strong relationships with our People and Finance teams. They will be the go-to resource for providing guidance on all things payroll related.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you’ll tackle?
- Manage and mentor a small team, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all payroll activities including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates and benefits for bi-weekly and semi-monthly, multi-state and eventually multi-country payroll cycles
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.), reconciling W-2 information to the company’s accounting system
- Receive and document any necessary approvals prior to processing payroll, and maintain a documented review package for every payroll
- Reconcile all payrolls prior to transmission and validate reports, including preparation of variance comments for fluctuations in earnings and deductions
- Prepare reporting, reconciliations, and variance analysis for the accounting team, ensuring each payroll is recorded accurately and timely for month-end close reporting
- Lead configuration and testing of payroll system upgrades and implementation projects as needed
- Own ad-hoc reporting and analysis as it relates to payroll operations
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- 5+ years of progressive payroll experience, including exempt and nonexempt, domestic and international payroll workflows, required
- Strong Excel skills required, such as the ability to create pivot tables and formulas such as v-lookups and sumifs to create ad-hoc reports
- Prior experience implementing or upgrading payroll systems, strongly preferred
- Prior experience with UKG, Workday, Fidelity 401k, or other comparable systems
- Prior experience with taxable stock exercises, a big plus!
- Impeccable attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time