Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a People Analyst to join the People Insights team. You’ll apply quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques to shape the people strategy at Pinterest. In this role, you will be expected to support the team in creating, maintaining, and evolving dashboards, producing operational KPIs used to drive business decision-making, and partnering with stakeholders on the People team to support Pinterest leaders, managers and employees.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure a data perspective is applied to understanding and evaluating effectiveness of people programs.
- Advocate for continuous improvement by identifying clear measures of success as well as influencing process design to enable appropriate data capture.
- Define business needs through discovery sessions with key program leaders and identifying user stories.
- Support integrations with internal and external systems into a central data lake.
- Develop sophisticated analytic tools, reporting mechanisms, and dashboards.
- Analyze trends and provide value-added insights through statistical analysis.
- Assist with automation and preparation of weekly and monthly reports on the People team’s KPIs.
What we’re looking for:
- Build small- to midsize business intelligence solutions – data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses – or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data.
- Use one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, TableauI) and, as needed, statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared) to deliver actionable insights to stakeholders.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity; fluency in SQL and some familiarity with Python or R.
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative analysis role, preferably in Human Resources.
- Understanding of SQL, complex statistical methods, and/or experience with a programming language and complex statistical methods (regressions, random forest, etc.) is a plus as you will be partnering with our People Analytics team.
- Ability to lead initiatives across multiple areas and communicate findings with leadership and people teams to quickly turn insights into actions.
- Experience in data storytelling and use of data visualizations to bring important takeaways and concepts to life. Creates cogent narratives and encourages business partners to critically engage in data-driven decision making.
- Experience in Human Resources technology and tools, including experience with Workday, Greenhouse, or related tools is a plus.