CommentSold is a social commerce platform that modernizes the way retailers connect to online shoppers, including hosting live sales events and managing day-to-day retail operations. Simply, we help online retailers do less and sell more.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US and Canada, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that’s fostered through a remote team. We work incredibly hard for our customers, and believe deeply in our platform’s value. We're a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
People Success Specialist
If the People Operations team were a person, they would not be Toby Flenderson. We create opportunities for security, engagement, and unrelenting feedback so our culture grows and evolves in a meaningful way for our team and company. We want the fam to stick together, so People Ops works with every team to ensure folks are challenged and growing within our org. We're in a high growth phase as a company and team, with 150+ teammates across the US with many more to come in 2021. Our rapid pace requires folks that love working to win, thrive when empowered to take on challenges that they own, and generally want to give folks the best possible employee experience.
As our People Success Specialist, you'll own our benefits administration, employee onboarding and offboarding program, employer compliance, and be the primary contact for our people's care + benefits needs. The People Ops team is small but mighty, so you're sure to have a ton of ownership and variety in your work.
In this role, you will
- Manage the hiring process from sending out offer letters to designing and leading an incredible onboarding journey
- Work with the IT team to ensure that all first-week essentials are delivered in time for a successful start
- Manage our employer compliance across the 30+ states we employ folks
- Set up account access for state agencies, facilitate quarterly return filing, and collaborate with Finance to manage cross-team tax and reporting needs
- Serve as the point of contact for our fam for benefits, payroll inquiries, deduction adjustments, and account access for our core internal tech stack
- Develop team engagement opportunities, as our benefits extend beyond just insurance options!
- Maintain to our ever-evolving "Life at CommentSold" team handbook, always keeping an eye on opportunities to expand the resources we provide to our team
- Maintain employee records, compensation agreements, and policies while ensuring language and intention align with our culture
- Support People Ops and Finance with preparing payroll runs every 2 weeks
If you're right for this role, you
- Have managed multi-state employer taxes (withholding and unemployment)
- Have experience working with and integrating multiple SasS systems, (e.g. Greenhouse, Bamboo HR, Zenefits, Bonusly, Thinkific, I9 Tracker)
- Have extensive experience with HR functions, having managed benefits and employer compliance in scaling small to mid-sized companies
- Have strong knowledge of labor laws and keep up to date on them - you're a researcher at heart
- Are data-driven, and feel very comfortable with reporting and analytics
- Are incredibly smart, self-motivated, and curious
- Thrive in the details, striving for organization and completion in everything you do
- Operate with a high standard for yourself, eager to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- Manage your time well and enjoy a variety of responsibilities - you’re a master organizer that loves the task and the strategic thinking required to improve processes
- You have worked in and thrived in high growth, quickly changing environments (remote work experience is a major plus!)
- Have an authentic approach to communication, both verbal and written
- Are incredibly comfortable and experienced with modern software - no new tool scares you
- Love talking to people, and have a "no one's a stranger" approach to relationships
- Take copious notes - we have lots of processes that require great documentation
- Might have been the go-to for editing papers in school -- great writing skills are a must
Tools that keep us going
- Zenefits - HR, payroll, and benefits administration
- Slack - all internal team communications
- Google Suite - email, document collaboration, calendar
- Greenhouse - applicant tracking system
- Confluence - wiki and training resources
- Thinkific - learning management system
- Facebook and LinkedIn - employer branding and team life posts
- Zoom - meetings, laughs, all the things
- Very outdated and clunky state employment tax portals -- they’re not fun, but they’re a prominent part of this role!
At CommentSold, you can work from anywhere thanks to the power of the internet - we put extra effort into our remote culture to ensure we exceed the engagement we all need. We value our team, and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees.
Our platform serves the women’s retail space in a major way - and that’s no coincidence. We're creating a space for equality across the board, and we support folks of all identities and lifestyles in everything we do. Join CommentSold to live your best life — we’re always excited to grow our team’s perspective. #lovewhereyouwork