Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re growing? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. We started 2023 with 350+ employees and are continuing to grow. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The e-commerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $300B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
HRIS Design & Maintenance
- Support the implementation of new HRIS modules, or a new HRIS altogether
- Own the data quality - build an audit program that keeps our data clean
- Responsible for execution of daily processes, including data entry & administration
- Assist with testing as needed
- Support the setup of new payroll & benefits brokers in new markets
- Design full-cycle processes that satisfy local requirements, while in line with global standards
- Implement any changes to employment processes as the business evolves
People Ops Support
- Implement and maintain a tiered support model with reportable insight on ticket volume and quality of service
- Ensure requests are actioned within SLAs based on complexity and priority
- Maintain internal and external knowledge bases that promote self-service and mindshare between employees and the people team.
Data & Insights
- Run & manipulate custom reports in Rippling and other systems
- Build dashboards that reveal actionable insights across employee data, headcount forecasts, support tickets, or other focus areas
- Prepare data for Monthly Business Reviews (MBR) and headcount planning
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next People Operations Analyst you should have 3+ years of People Operations (or equivalent experience) and experience in high growth startups, plus:
- 2+ years working within an HRIS (Workday, Rippling, Bamboo, etc)
- Experience leading large projects, coordinating work between stakeholders
- Familiarity with benefits and payroll enrollment processes
- Experience with data visualization platform such as Tableau, Looker, Sigma, etc
- Analytical mindset - able to parse a complex problem and use data to test assumptions
- Strong EQ and willingness to learn and #figureitout
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and maneuver ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with international payroll & benefits administration
- Experience with a tiered support model, configuring a ticketing system
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.