We’re looking for a Senior People Operations Specialist to join our People team. This role will report to our VP of People, and can be based anywhere in the US. Ethena works east coast hours but is reasonable about morning meetings for our west coast colleagues.
Our new Senior People Operations Specialist will be responsible for managing the day-to-day People Operations responsibilities and will be a key contributor to the growth of our People Operations infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Manage vendor relationships, including: health benefits, HRIS, and more
- Implement new HR platforms, including: leave management, performance review management, and more
- Manage employee onboarding, payroll, and benefits administration
- Audit various People metrics (i.e. employee demographics, employee engagement surveys, etc) and share insights with the People team
- Audit, assess, and manage existing People software infrastructure and propose ways to level up
- Partner with the People team on planning and facilitation of miscellaneous employee events, such as our biweekly team activities and happy hours
- Partner with our legal and finance team on ad hoc projects, i.e. new policy rollouts, tax registration questions, etc.
- Some employee relations management, including leading exit interviews and supporting new managers
What makes a great candidate
- Proven track record of leading successful, company-wide HR platform implementations
- Expert knowledge of US payroll and benefits administration
- Experience managing people
- Reporting experience, including moderate Excel knowledge (you don’t need to be the next Koothrappali, but you do need to know the basic functions essential to reporting, i.e. pivot tables, Vlookup, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to support a scaling business; start-up experience is a major plus
- Ability to function autonomously — we need someone who can take an assignment and run with it
- Enthusiasm for taking on a variety of (sometimes unexpected) People projects
- Experience leading company-wide events
- High sense of EQ and professionalism
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook. We want you to help build it.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for what we’re building here at Ethena
- An impeccable sense of humor
- For this role, the salary range is: $115,000 - $130,000 USD.