Aiven is a hypergrowth Platform-as-a-Service company offering the best in open-source and data technologies on multiple cloud platforms.
Headquartered in Helsinki with hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka and M3, on all major clouds.
In 2022, we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel our global expansion, the comprehensiveness of our platform and to focus on new programs in sustainability and diversity in tech. This brings us to over $400M in funding and a new valuation of $3 billion.
Open source is at our core. We compensate our employees who contribute to open source outside of their daily work with Aiven and we have set up an Open-Source Program Office (OSPO), to actively focus on giving back to the open-source community.
Aiven’s mission is to enable customers to drive business results from open source, transforming their businesses. We love to operate our favorite tools at scale and empower our customers, in over 60 countries, to do great work.
We live our values of courage, openness and ownership every day, and continually strive to ensure that every Aivener is empowered to contribute creatively and meaningfully, in a work environment where they have the tools to succeed and the comfort and support to be themselves.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior People Operations Specialist for a wider EMEA region to join our People team on our journey to always delivering amazing experiences. You will report to the People Operations Manager based in Berlin, Germany, and together with our team ensure a great employee experience from Onboarding to Offboarding in EMEA regions.
We currently have People Operations Specialist for locations in which we have bigger hubs, i.e. Finland, Germany, North America and APAC.
This role can be performed remotely and we are fully flexible with the work location as long as the time zone allows collaboration.
- Shape and own the People Operations roadmap for the following EMEA countries: France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and UK
- We also employ people through an employer of records in Greece, Ireland, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and the Czech Republic - you would look after their inquiries as well
- We keep on adding locations to our portfolio which gives you a great opportunity to develop
- Support the People Operations Manager on various projects, e.g. incorporation of new entities and function as their substitute in absence
- Focus on streamlining, automating and standardizing People operations processes and policies to ensure effective workflows throughout the complete employee life cycle
- Manage day-to-day activities of core People Operations with great autonomy - insurances, leave/absence policies as well as general employee support
- Handle sensitive employee relation issues and sensitive data issues requiring discretion and good judgment
- Manage employee data in our HR system (hibob) and support different system projects
- Manage local benefits administration
- Collaborate with our wider People team, Legal, Finance and other key stakeholders as well as 3rd party vendors
- Professional experience within a People department ideally in a related process-oriented or People Operations role with focus on the above mentioned labor markets
- Process-driven mindset and the ability to work independently and in close collaboration with other process owners
- High tolerance for ambiguity, with the ability to operate with limited supervision and adapt to change. Excellent judgment on sensitive, complex, and cross-functional issues
- Strategic thinker and have an ability to understand business interdependencies
- Systems-minded and have experience working with an HRIS (experience with Hibob is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a passion for story-telling and an emphasis on tact/diplomacy
- Strong English written and verbal communication
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for open-source contributions made in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits (once the stay at home order is over and life is back to normal)