The Sr. Specialist-Human Capital will perform a variety of functions necessary for the effective management of human resources through all phases of the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, active employment and separation. Provide Human Resource Support Services for MAXIMUS Federal Program(s)
This position is located at our Federal office in Falls Church/Tysons, VA, however it is also eligible to be a remote position that would require working from a home office, in which candidates may be located anywhere within the United States.
Essential Job Duties:
•Perform a wide range of functions associated with recruitment coordination, onboarding, performance management and separations in accordance with Company policies
•Ensure the integrity of employee data, including performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures
•Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
•Assist employees with inquiries regarding duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
•Maintain current knowledge of employment and labor laws, including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Service Contract Act (SCA)
•Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
•A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
•At least five (5) years Human Resources work experience required
•Knowledge of variety of human resources principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, employee relations and compliance
•Strong analytical skills required.
•Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
•Working knowledge of Workday and iCIMS a plus
•Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
•Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of functions associated with recruitment, onboarding, performance management, and separations in accordance with Company policies.
- Ensure the integrity of employee data, including the performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Work with management and Corporate resources to develop, maintain and modify compliant job descriptions.
- Provide metrics that enable more effective management of human resources activities, analyze data for trends and prepare reports.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience; Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources work experience required.
- Knowledge of a variety of human resources principles and procedures for recruitment, selection, training, employee relations and compliance including, but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel required.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.