Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe and the Americas. This means we value transparency and asynchronous communication, but also understand that meeting in person is important. At Docker, we simplify the lives of millions of developers who are making world-changing apps. Docker helps developers bring their ideas to reality by conquering the complexity of app development. We simplify and accelerate workflows with an integrated development pipeline and application components. A fast-growing startup, Docker offers a dynamic work environment.
As the VP of People at Docker, you will have a strong and influential company-wide presence and will partner to build and sustain a culture that is a differentiator to the success of our business. You will commit to an approach that focuses equally on strategy as it does on rolling up your sleeves to execute on the work. You will translate company plans into HR initiatives that motivate employees to do their best work. You will report directly to the CEO and will lead the People team to support our growing business.
- Own, develop, and implement Docker’s People strategy, procedures, & policies
- Build out and oversee the Docker employee experience and life cycle from Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement & Culture, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, and Organizational Design
- Lead talent management and acquisition initiatives that attract and retain the best talent in the market and support the growth of our company
- Work with your team to oversee the refinement of our total rewards philosophy that is motivating, equitable and rewards a high-performing culture
- Function as a strategic business partner and thought leader to the Executive Staff team and leaders at all levels
- Lead by example and model our Docker Virtues. Exhibit exceptional emotional intelligence, communication, and influencing skills
- Build and maintain high levels of trust and business partnership with employees across the organization
- Coach leaders and peers and model a culture where positive and constructive feedback is embraced to evolve leadership and drive company performance
- Lead efforts to build and sustain a culture the drives the success of Docker and of our employees during a period of rapid growth
- Foster a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion among leaders and employees and build programs that attract diverse talent. Ensure these efforts support an inclusive and high performing culture
- Develop robust feedback, coaching and development programs to support employees and their growth while at Docker
- Use data to develop solutions to support a best-in-class employee experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a progressive People Leader
- 3 or more years of working in a venture-backed, fast paced environment, ideally with experience scaling HR efforts in early stage companies (Series A/Series B) through later stage growth
- Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner directly supporting senior leaders
- Strong collaborator that is capable of building and managing strong working relationships across organizational boundaries
- Hands-on, results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment, while having fun!
- Performance-driven leader with outstanding communication skills
- Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
- Autonomy, freedom & flexibility; we trust you to get your work done
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Recognition for the good work you do...extra days off, Docker swag, etc.
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
- Whaleness Days: an additional companywide day off each month