The Vice President of Human Resources provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization. The Vice President is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of most or all of the Human Resources functions, including but not limited to the following: employment, recruitment, employee relations, EEO), compensation/benefits, change management, organizational development. Drive creative HR initiatives and activities. Advise company leadership in Human Resources policy and program matters.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through employee talent management. Provide and mentor executives in leadership development and coaching.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the team; assists with conflict resolutions, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Lead by example and serve as a mentor to the people ops organization providing opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Identify key performance indicators for the organizations HR functions; assess the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics. Oversee global expansion and the People Operations organization.
- Drive organizational performance excellence to facilitate the success of Seeq’s organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate multistate payroll processing for global and full-distributed workforce, including stock option exercise withholdings through third party payroll provide, state tax registrations, workers compensation and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and oversee competitive and equitable compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs. Conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget), and oversee performance evaluation program.
- Develop and implement strategic talent acquisition planning ensuring selection of highly qualified and diverse personnel.
- Foster Seeq’s diversity, equity & inclusion programs.
- Leverage HR technologies and outsourced resources as appropriate, to enable continued rapid growth.
- A minimum of 10 years related HR experience, at least 7 of these years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success in employee relations, coaching and counseling, performance management, recruitment, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits.
- Decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational leadership.
- Excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute.
- Well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/state/local regulations.
- Experience in implementing and administering performance programs, coaching teams to put strong emphasis on performance metrics.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior leadership team.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Candidates with prior experience in a fully remote organization and/or high growth, venture backed technology firms preferred.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
Seeq is a remote-first (only) company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
We have a wonderful, kind-hearted, talented team that loves to collaborate, lead by example, and love to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are certified as a Great Place to Work, Emerging Startup, Technology Fast 500, and Inc. Magazine's Best Places to Work.